Tuesday, September 13, 2011

G-Free Zucchini Bread



Ok, so to be honest, I didn't really like this one. But my mom LOVES it, so I guess it just depends on the person. It was my first time making it, and it was really easy. It takes a while to bake, so if you're having guests at your house in half an hour, this isn't something you could make for them!

Ingredients:
3 cups G-Free flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons Xanthum Gum
2 eggs
2 cups finely shredded unpeeled zucchini (I used about one half of a GIANT zucchini that my Aunt gave me.)
1/2 cup cooking oil



Method:

Grease two bread pans and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, xanthum gum and nutmeg. Set aside. In another bowl, add the eggs, zucchini, oil, and sugar. Mix it well. Add the zucchini mixture and the flour mixture together and stir until combined. Pour the batter into the two pans. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 50-55 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack for 10 min, then take out of the pans and cool completely. Cut it up and serve! (I used honey over it to make it taste even better)



Nully's tips:
Most of the time, I'll make G-Free stuff, but when I don't, and you're allergic to gluten, you can always replace regular flour with G-Free flour, and vice versa!



" 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' " ~Jeremiah 33:3

1 comment:

  1. Yoh! Dit lyk darem baie lekker! Maar waar is die sjokolade? Ek is seker dit was in die resep...? Nou is ek sommer honger.

    ReplyDelete